You can report a hate incident or hate crime to the police by calling 101. If you wish to speak with the police informally, you can contact the Universities’ police team by calling 07554 439650. 

True Vision offers guidance on reporting hate crime and hate incidents. If you do not wish to talk to anyone in person about the incident or wish to remain anonymous, there is an online form for reporting hate crime; you can report non-crime hate incidents to the police to try and prevent any escalation in seriousness. 

Students and staff can report an incident using the AUB’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from a Wellbeing Officer (for students) or an HR Business Partner (for staff).  If you choose to talk to a Wellbeing Officer or HR Business Partner they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence, or refer you to other sources of support. 

University Policies

If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow. 

If you’re a student:

You can report another student under the Student Disciplinary Policy.

If you wish to report a member of staff, you can make a formal complaint to the University under the Student Complaints Procedure.

The Head of Academic and Student Services can advise you on these policies – please contact

If you are a member of staff:

You can report another member of staff under the Dignity at Work policy. Your HR Business Partner or Union rep can advise you on this. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened