If you think you have experienced domestic abuse, it may be hard to know what to do or how to feel. What happened was not your fault. What you do next is your choice.  

  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured call 999.  

  • When dialling 999 but you feel unable to speak, the silent solution guide  means that the call handler will be establish whether you are in need of assistance.  If you are on a mobile you will be prompted to enter 55 on the keypad which will put you through to your local police service.  Once the call handler has ascertained you need assistance but cannot talk, they can ask you questions that can be answered by tapping the phone.

  • Find a safe space. If an incident has just happened, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If you are at the University you can call University Security on 07471145782 or go to your nearest University building and ask someone to phone Security for you.

  • The University Retreat: ON CAMPUS. A safe and welcoming environment for AUB and BU students over 18 years of age, who are approaching a crisis or have self-identified their own mental health crisis and want to access support. The University Retreat is based opposite ‘The Fusion’ building in the Tolpuddle Annex 2 on BU Talbot Campus. If you feel like you are struggling with your mental health then this service is here to support you. You don’t need an appointment; simply come in and talk to one of our friendly team.  Open 2pm – 9pm Monday – Saturday during term time.
  • Talk to a friend or someone you trust, or look at the support available to you on these pages.

  • The Faith and Reflection Centre, based in Talbot House on the edge of the AUB / BU campuses, has a quiet room and offers a quiet, supportive space. Open to people of all faiths, or none, the Centre is a reassuring and secure environment. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened